Only administrators have the right to found, modify and deactivate item details.
1. How to found an item detail?
Open any item of the datasheet to which you would like to add an item detail. Scroll the page all the way down and click on the blue plus symbol. See detailed instructions below.
A detail can be made part of a "group of details". A group of details can also belong only to a certain "category" of items. This means that within one datasheet, you can set different item details for different categories, e.g. within "assets" datasheet, you can keep different kinds of records on laptops, cell phones and cars).
2. How to modify an item detail?
Move your mouse to the right or to the left (in case of table) of the heading of the detail you would like to modify. When the pen icon appears, go ahead and click on it to make your changes. See detailed instructions below.
3. How to delete / desactivate an item detail?
Like in the previous case, click on the pen icon when it appears. Then go to "more settings" and untick the check box "Active". In case the detail cannot be deactivated, then it is a system detail. A system detail can only be hidden to all users but it will still be displayed to administrators. See detailed instructions below.
Step 1. Open any item of the datasheet to which you would like to add an item detail. Scroll the page all the way down and click on the blue plus symbol.
Step 2. Type the title (name, heading) of your new item detail (see the steps 2 to 6 in the picture below)
Step 3. Select the appropriate format (see the description of individual options below)
Step 4. If needed, you can create help for users where you can specify what kind of information should be provided
Step 5. If needed, select a "group of details" into which the new detail should belong (see how).
Step 6. Save
If you followed the instructions literally, this would be the result:
There are 7 basic formats of item details:
- text - text field, only one line
- long text - text field, several lines
- web page - this will allow the users to insert a direct link, the right link format is checked while entering a value
- e-mail - this will allow the users to insert an e-mail address. Link to a new e-mail form with the addressee line filled in will be automatically created.
- google map - when an address is filled in, a map is automatically generated (if the map doesn't appear, try to zoom out your browser window)
- richtext - simple text editor enabling to insert picures and videos
- number - number with possibility to choose the unit
- decimal number - decimal number with possibility to choose the number of decimal places and the unit
3. Date - users will select a date form calendar
4. Checkbox - users will tick or untick a "yes or no" checkbox
5. Data and time
6. Tags - see more about tags here
7. Special: see dedicated article here to learn more about these formats and how to define them
- list - a list of options to choose from
- table - a classical table composed by several item details (one item detail = one column) where users fill the rows
- relationship (connection) - users will browse for an item within any of your datasheet which will be connected to the present item (a regular connection will be made between these two items)
Step 1. There is a hidden editing tool from the right or the left side (in case of table format) of the detail heading. It appears only when you hover your mouse over the right spot. Once it appears, go ahead and click on it.
Step 2. Make your changes and save. The form is exactly the same as for creating details.
To see how to edit a table or a list of options, go to this article.
If you want to get rid of the detail, choose deactivate. In case the detail cannot be deactivated, then it is a system detail. A system detail can only be hidden to all users but it will still be displayed to administrators. System details those details that are necessary to ensure a good functionning of the OneSoft extensions and other solutions from OneSoft Connect family.
!!! Please note that this process is irreversible which means that once a detail is deactivated, no one can retrieve it back.
Step 1. Using the editing tool (see where to find it in the previous section), open the form for editing
Step 2. Go to "more details"
Step 3. Untick the box "Active"
Step 4. Save