Systems for HR are often too complicated and not user friendly. On the other hand it might not be good enough to record information just on paper.
What is HR (Human Resources)?
It’s an area of processes within the company that focuses on controlling and development of human resources.
What kinds of data fall into this category?
- employees datasheet
- applicants datasheet
- employee contracts datasheet
- working hours, holidays and sick leave datasheets
- medical examinations datasheet
- employee incentives
- staff training, policies and procedures implementation and other important documents
- jobs, job descriptions
- evaluation of employees
- assets datasheet
- safety equipment datasheet
- processing wages and salaries
What to expect from the system / software / app for HR?
The system should allow you to keep records about the employees in your company, process these records and allow for development of indivudual employees, teams and the whole company. We are talking about three main areas here:
1. Personnel administration – keep records about the employees in your company
Datasheet with records of employees or contractors can help you not only from the business point of view. The system should be flexible enough so you can keep record of information your company needs (uploading files, reports, contracts etc.).
Based on this you should be able to generate the whole orgchart of your company which can be used in HR later on.
It should also be possible to handle employee‘s requests (holiday requests etc.).
Most of these details are sensitive so it is important to make sure only authorized employees have access to them.
2. Salaries and wages – everything you need to keep records about salaries and wages of your employees
Rewarding employees is an important part of HR. This datasheet keeps information about incentives, their calculaion and their payment.
3. Human resources – the goal is optimalization of human potential in the company including carrer growth of current
employees, creating new jobs and admissions.
This includes staff training, policies and procedures implementation and other important documents and onboarding. The system should allow for easier admissions.
Why is it good to use the HR system?
Data in tables or on paper are simple datasheet. The pieces of data are next to each other and you have to do all the work. The HR system stores your data and it can effectively work with data to make your work easier.
There is another advantage. The system ensures that information stays updated and keeps history records. This saves a lot of time for you and your colleagues. You can export datasheets into a table to gain the overview you were used to before.
Data you record can be edited based on your needs in your company. You should also be able to create categories (employees, contractors etc.). You might need to record different information for about them.
The system keeps you updated thanks to many functions. Simple analysis and charts are always ready for you. Then you can set up notifications for important dates or change of records. The next function allows you to link one piece of information to another and that gives you complex overview about all connections related to one record.
How to start?
First of all choose the software that suits your needs.
OneSoft Connect is an exemplary software for CRM. In the next part you will find a guide on how to use OneSoft.
1. After generating OneSoft for free on this website it is recommended to lower the browser's zoom to 80% but only if your monitor's resolution is lower than FULL HD.
CUSTOMIZE THE EMPLOYEES DATASHEET TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
2. Open the Employees datasheet. The datasheet's main page shows up.
3. Add a new test item and open it. The details (names and format of the fields) are the same for every item within the datasheet.
If you have different groups for the employees use the categories function. The main advantage of categories is that you are able to set up different details for different categories (guide here). If the categories do not suit your needs you can create more datasheets either from scratch or use one of our templates (guides here).
4. After viewing the existing details it is time to customise them
As an administrator you can delete (deactivate) details you no longer need, edit current details or add new details (guides here). All you have to do is click the pen ico. A window pops up and there you can edit the name or deactivate the detail and press save after you are done. New detail can be added by clicking the blue plus icon at the bottom of the page.
5. Sort your details into groups (groups of details)
Besides a well-arranged view you can give or restrict access to specific groups. The group of details is the lowest possible element with access restrictions. Detailed guide can be found here.
6. You can now import your data into the datasheet (guide here). You can also upload attachments to specific companies (guide here). Employee contracts should go to Contracts datasheet and linked through a connection detail with a record in the Employess datasheet.
The datasheet can look something like this after a while:
CUSTOMIZE THE CONTRACTS AND ORGCHART DATASHEETS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
You can customize the Contracts and Orgchart datasheets in a similiar way you customized the Employees datasheet.
Tips for the Contracts datasheet:
- Because this datasheet includes different kinds of contracts (sales contracts, supplier contracts, property contracts etc.) it is recommended to create categories for them.
- Import a contract as a single item. Attach the contract as a file.
Tips for the Orgchart datasheet:
- This datasheet includes information about different departments and jobs. Add job descriptions and responsibilities.
- Add a connection detail and link the job to an employee.
INSTALL THE APPLICANTS AND ASSETS DATASHEETS
You can use our templates to install the Applicants and Assets datasheets. Customize them to suit your needs as in previous occasions.
Tips for the Assets datasheet:
- Link any asset to your employee who uses it. This simple step ensures that you know what asset needs to be returned if the employee decides to leave the company.
INVITE YOUR COLLEAGUES
8. Invite your colleagues unless you have done that already. It is important to consider if it's appropriate for all your colleagues to have access to everything and rights to edit, delete etc. If you do not think it is add user roles (combination of rights) that can be assigned to them later on (guide here).
HOW TO WORK WITH THE DATASHEETS
- Create connections between the Companies and Contacts datasheets - the best way is creating a connection by filling the detail. For example in the Companies datasheet template there is the detail Contact. It is set up as a special format to create a connection - instead of writing it in you choose an item from the Contacts datasheet.
- Add minutes based on the activites - meeting minutes or phone call minutes with a conclusion included
- Upload attachments to items or to specific details of any format. If you need to update the file just delete it and upload the new version of it. The files are shared with other users.
- Create tasks - they can be related to any item and you can create it for yourself or for other colleagues and follow their progress.
- Add watchdogs to specific details that are important for you - watchdogs send out a notification based on your settings.
- Create personal or shared notes and connect it to an item
History of all changes is being tracked all the time. You do not have to worry about someone doing damage anonymously.