In this article, you will find the full list of available settings for your datasheets. Click on a heading to go to the selected chapter:
The structure components of a datasheet that you can make settings to are:
- item details: see how to create, edit and delete item details here
- groups of details: see how to create, edit and delete groups of items here
- categories: see how to create, edit and delete categories here
- set an automatic code attributed to newly created items: see how to make the settings here
The picture below shows where to find the structure components listed above:
The visual and text components of a datasheet that you can make settings to are:
- 1. Name / heading of the datasheet (not allowed for the six basic datasheets - Employees, Contacts, Orgchart, Companies, Projects and Processes)
- 2. Text of the button for creating new items
- 3. Texts that appear in the form for creating new items
- 4. Icon of the datasheet and its color
- 5. Cover picture on the datasheet dashboard
- 6. Motto / description on the datasheet dashboard
- 7. News from the datasheet
- 8. Color of the datasheet, default sorting of items and more (this has to be set while creating the datasheet, after that only by individual users as custom setting, see how)
Where to make datasheet settings?
Step 1. Move your mouse over the name of the datasheet, then click on the pen icon that will appear next to it (in case it won't, make sure you're working in the role of administrator)
Step 2. Make all your settings in the dialog box that pops up, then save (numbers in the picture below match the order in which the visuals were listed above). Don't miss the part "more settings".
This will be the result of the settings showed in the picture above (numbers match the numbers in the previous picture):
Missing something? Number 3 (texts that appear in the form for creating new items) makes changes to the form for creating new items (appears after clicking on the "+ Add new item" button or on the green plus in the list of items):
The functionnalities of a datasheet that you can make use of are:
- Activate plugin for activities: "activities" plugin will allow the users to keep records on their activities (phone calls, meetings), manage meeting minutes, keep track of technical checks of the company's assets, and much more. See instructions here.
- Activate plugin for risks (in "Risks" datasheet): "Risks" plugin will allow you to define your Risk Assessment Chart on the datasheet dashboard. See instructions here.
- Graphs on datasheet dashboards: admin can define a number of graphs each of which compares two item details' values, users will then be able to choose the item details from which the data for graphs will be drawn. See instructions here.
- set up specific access rights for individual users
- manage right for users to modify, create and delete information from datasheets
See more information and detailed instructions here.