It is important to take care of your relationships with current or possible customers. The system for CRM helps you record any information about your customers and anything that is related to them. Your past records are also stored.
What data should I collect?
- information about customer (name, company, contact information etc.)
- activity records related to your customers (meetings, phone calls, correspondence etc.)
- other important documents
- customer's requirements
The system / software / app for CRM will become the only place within your company that keeps information related to your customers. Thanks to that they will have the best care possible. More employees will know about the whole situation with the customer and not just one.
What to expect from CRM system?
The requirements of companies vary based on the number of customers, their usual number of requirements, the communication process or types of contracts. Generally this is what to expect:
- the details can be customised to keep information we need about customers and contracts
- it is possible to upload a number of attachments in any format to specific customers
- it is possible to keep records of activities based on the process with customers
- the system is able to differentiate who has access to these records
How could that help us?
It is very easy to look up anything related to the customer, for example::
- what contracts are entered into,
- what obligations result from these contracts and what the deadlines are,
- when the contract comes into effect,
- who took part in signing the contract and who the responsible person is,
- who takes care of the customer or who took care of the customer
Besides being able to search through these records they are easy to work with. First of all you can do reports and other overviews. Then you can set up automatic notifications related to upcoming important dates or important changes. You can set up these notifications in many different ways.
Step away from individual customer care.
By using this CRM system anyone with access to data related to customers is able to advise them or answer their questions. Any employee with access can therefore substitute the responsible person in their absence. It also makes it easier for your managers to monitor activities of your sales deputies, customer support and other departments and delegate tasks or split tasks between employees. Thanks to that cooperation has never been this efficient. It is also possible to allow your business partners into the system.
How to start?
First of all choose the software that suits your needs.
OneSoft Connect is an exemplary software for CRM. In the next part you will find a guide on how to use OneSoft.
1. After generating OneSoft for free on this website it is recommended to lower the browser's zoom to 80% but only if your monitor's resolution is lower than FULL HD.
CUSTOMIZE THE COMPANIES AND CONTACTS DATASHEETS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
2. Open the Companies datasheet. The datasheet's main page shows up.
3. Add a new test item and open it. The details (names and format of the fields) are the same for every item within the datasheet.
If you have different groups for the companies use the categories function. The main advantage of categories is that you are able to set up different details for different categories (guide here). If the categories do not suit your needs you can create more datasheets either from scratch or use one of our templates (guides here).
4. After viewing the existing details it is time to customise them
As an administrator you can delete (deactivate) details you no longer need, edit current details or add new details (guides here). All you have to do is click the pen ico. A window pops up and there you can edit the name or deactivate the detail and press save after you are done. New detail can be added by clicking the blue plus icon at the bottom of the page.
5. Sort your details into groups (groups of details)
Besides a well-arranged view you can give or restrict access to specific groups. The group of details is the lowest possible element with access restrictions. Detailed guide can be found here.
7. Activate the Activities function (plugin) if it hasn't been yet activated automatically. You can now start recording activities related to specific companies (guide here). If it is active you can see the Minutes tab next to other tabs on the item's page.
9. Go to the Contacts datasheet and follow the same steps
The datasheet can look something like this after a while:
INVITE YOUR COLLEAGUES
10. Invite your colleagues unless you have done that already. It is important to consider if it's appropriate for all your colleagues to have access to everything and rights to edit, delete etc. If you do not think it is add user roles (combination of rights) that can be assigned to them later on (guide here).
HOW TO WORK WITH THE DATASHEETS
- Create connections between the Companies and Contacts datasheets - the best way is creating a connection by filling the detail. For example in the Companies datasheet template there is the detail Contact. It is set up as a special format to create a connection - instead of writing it in you choose an item from the Contacts datasheet.
- Add minutes based on the activites - meeting minutes or phone call minutes with a conclusion included
- Upload attachments to items or to specific details of any format. If you need to update the file just delete it and upload the new version of it. The files are shared with other users.
- Create tasks - they can be related to any item and you can create it for yourself or for other colleagues and follow their progress.
- Add watchdogs to specific details that are important for you - watchdogs send out a notification based on your settings.
- Create personal or shared notes and connect it to an item
History of all changes is being tracked all the time. You do not have to worry about someone doing damage anonymously.