What is a category?
In OneSoft, a category is used to classify items of a datasheet.
Examples of categories:
- Employees datasheet - regular employees, external personnel, agency workers, contractors, etc.
- Assets - cars, phones, buildings, etc.
- Projects - projects, orders. etc.
- Contracts - purchase contracts, commercial contracts, employment contracts, property contracts, etc.
Why should I use categories?
There is a number of advantages of using categories:
- for each category, your admin can define different set of item details. This will allow you to record different information for, for example, a regular employee and an agency worker (both under "Employees" datasheet).
- for each category, your admin can give or restrict access rights to other users. See more in the dedicated article.
- for each category, your admin can choose an icon and its colour which will appear in your list of items as well. This can greatly improve the clarity. See more in the article about category settings.
- each category will appear automatically in the quick access filtres. This will allow you to display only one category in your list of items in a very easy way.